05 December 2008

TPM Muckraker: Gonzo Prosecution?

TPM muckraker reports "it's looking more and more like prosecutor Nora Dannehy's investigation into the US Attorney firings has Alberto Gonzales in its crosshairs."

While I certainly applaud the Justice Department following the law and where the evidence leads (for once; Mukasey has proven only marginally better than Gonzales in this respect); I can't resist noting that there are far more serious crimes for which substantial evidence of administration guilt exists: in the areas of ordering and condoning torture, intentionally misleading Congress to induce authorization for military involvement in Iraq, and illegal surveillance of Americans, primarily.

Of course, that's not Dannehy's brief, but I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I hope Holder keeps Nora on.

    ReplyDelete

Gyromantic Informicon. Comments are not moderated. If you encounter a problem, please go to home page and follow directions to send me an e-mail.